Antique Side-By-Side

 This was my last 2 days project.  I have had this piece sitting in my garage for the past 6 months.  I picked it up from someone in Simcoe.  At the time, I was so excited to finish it, and then I just never got around to it!  Well, here's the finished product!





I finished it in Quaker Blue - ah, my favourite colour of milk paint.  It makes everything look just gorgeous.  I sanded it down, oiled it up, and buffed it clean.  The dark wood shows through so beautifully.

Before
After
















And as with every piece I love, I say to my husband, "Babe, do we HAVE to sell this one?  I just love it so much!"  To which he replies, "Well, we don't HAVE to sell it - but where are you going to put it?"  I scrounged around our little house, only to come up short.  There is no perfect place for it to go.  So on Kijiji we go.



 I typically don't decorate my pieces before listing them, but this one was just begging me to.  I have so many matching blankets and home decor items, so I spruced him up just a bit.



The original hardware stayed - I toyed with going to Anthropologie to get some fun knobs, but then settled on the original.  They keep the piece looking authentic.



On the top shelf is my little vintage alarm clock I found at an auction.  It's one of those wind-up ones.  It was broken, so I attempted to fix it.  In this attempt, the entire mechanism exploded on me.  So I stuffed all those little gears and springs back in the clock, and figured, 'Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day'.



No comments:

Post a Comment