A Steamer Trunk

Mark often finds these old, antique steamer trunks on the side of the road.  He picked up this one, and you wouldn't believe the surprise we found inside. 



We opened it up, and found it full of PRINCESS dress up clothes.  What!


My first reaction was, that's kinda gross.  We have no idea where these costumes came from.

Mark said, "Well, it's the same as buying from Value Village.  And it was a beautiful house."

Fair enough.  I threw all the dresses in the washing machine, trashed the wigs, and wiped down the entire trunk.  Then I got to work on removing the stickers and cleaned it, inside and out.


I used my gold guilding powder on all the hardware.


And I have some models for the costumes inside.


There's a Tinkerbell costume, a Cinderella costume, a ladybug princess costume...


And then just a bunch of veils, shoes, wands and accessories.


So, if you live in Oakville and maybe one day you find this post and say, "Hey! I put that dress-up trunk at the curb", I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for throwing out something so delightful for my 3-year-old girls.  They have played dress-up the entire week.


The other day I asked Mark if he thought the girls might resent us one day for rarely buying them new toys.  We then realized that neither one of us ever remembers really ever getting new toys (being the babies of our families).  Maybe a few times, on a birthday or at Christmas, but even then it was mostly useful, practical gifts.  And we had a great childhood.  So I think we'll be okay :)

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love seeing them so happy. It warms my auntie heart. The trunk is beautiful too. Thanks for the Valentines card. It made my day. Give the girls a hug and kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love seeing them so happy. It warms my auntie heart. The trunk is beautiful too. Thanks for the Valentines card. It made my day. Give the girls a hug and kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy thing to find!! Very jealous of that gorgeous trunk too!

    ReplyDelete