The Green Antique Hutch

 Awhile ago I did a buffet in this same colour, a deep green with a dark wax finish.  I thought it would be fun to do the same finish on a hutch, and I had this lovely piece to work on this week.






Here is the before..


And the after.


So pretty.


A close-up of the detail...
 

I used AS dark wax to finish it.  I find on other colours, it makes the piece look... dirty.  Not a fan.  But on green, it's gorgeous.  It really brings out the rich colour.
 

I'm enjoying my new shop so much.  I wake up, excited to go out to it and play around in there.
 

On Saturday, this family is heading up to Joy Bible Camp for boys' camp.  So you won't be hearing from me for a while.  We're really looking forward to a relaxing week away from the chaos of normal life.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment