First projects in my shop!

 My garage is almost complete.  We just need to finish the wall we put up, and it will be done.  But, I can now use it for photographing my work.  Here are the first three pieces ever displayed in my pretty little shop :)







An antique dresser refinished in a light teal milk paint....


A very ancient buffet in Gaspe Green....


And as you saw up top, a black milk painted buffet.


On a completely different note, tonight I am going to a classy event at the Carlu in Toronto.  It is the New Labels Fashion Design Competition, at which they feature Canada's top 4 up-coming clothing designers.  The winner will win a cash prize of $25,000, and a line at Target.  I'm very proud to say, that my very own cousin, Defne Husrevoglu, and her partner Maiko Suzuki are one of the finalists, with their clothing line SevenThirtyOne.  Last night I realized I would need something pretty swanky to wear, and tore my closet apart for something that would fit my very-altered post-partum body.  No luck.  So off I go today with the girls to try to find something stylish.  Good thing I sold a piece last night :)  And hm... I should probably try to get all  this paint off my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment