Help me paint my armoire!

I have been searching for this piece the day I started painting furniture.  I scored this beauty from an auction last weekend, and can hardly wait to attack it with a paintbrush.  The only problem?  I can't decide for the life of me what colour to paint it!






So, I need your help.  In the comment box below, share your thoughts on what colour YOU would like to see the armoire painted.  In the meantime, let me share with you some armoire inspiration :) 


Blue, of course, is a great option.  Clean, modern, fun, suitable for many rooms.


Photo Credit: countryfrenchantiques.tumblr.com
Photo Credit: perfectlyimperfectblog.com
Photo Credit: coastalliving.com
Photo Credit: Feaux Design Studio
Photo Credit: parisapartment.wordpress.com
 My milk paint blue options are:


Rideau Blue
Soldier Blue
Liberty Blue

Of course, I could always lighten the colour by adding white.


Another clean and classy option is white.



 
 Photo Credit: mydesignchic.com

My milk paint whites are:


Ironstone
Champlain


 Green would be fun - something different, very beautiful.



Photo Credit: .icollector.com
Photo Credit: dazzlevintagefurniture.blogspot.ca
Our green milk paint:

Luckett's Green
Bayberry
Acadia Pear


Grey is very trendy right now.  It's neutral and fits with a lot of decor.

Photo Credit: nehomemag.com

Photo Credit: urbanfarmgirlandco.blogspot.ca

Our grey milk paint options:


Grain Sack
Shutter Gray


Algonquin

We must not forget about teal!



Photo Credit: maisonsdumonde.com

Photo Credit: http://urbanheirloomsstyle.blogspot.ca

My three favourite teal milk paint colours:


Loyalist
Homestead Blue

Quaker Blue


 Yellow, too, could be really fun.


 Photo Credit: http://peacockfeatherevents.blogspot.ca
Photo Credit: http://thedoodlehouse.com
Photo Credit: tickingandtoile.blogspot.ca

 Yellow milk paint:


Ochre
Mustard
Antique Gold



I hope you enjoyed looking at all these lovely armoires with me!  Here's the picture of the armoire to be painted one more time:


So tell me... what are your favourites?

9 comments:

  1. I like Soldier Blue or Bayberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberty blue I think would make the piece stand out and look really important... grain sack if you want it to be less of a focal point or are putting it against a dark wall for contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grain sack and loyalist. Love love love the piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Grain Sack or Shutter grey. Lovely piece Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like ochre, maybe lighten it or a white option

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colours! But I'm feeling strongly about Grainsack. Though I'll settle for Shutter Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grain Sack or Acadia Pear. Also, love the idea of adding mirrors to the front doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those are all beautiful choices, Jen! I think the grays would be lovely. I want to redo our bedroom furniture, very ugly red wood from the 80's and I want to do each piece a different colour, I'm thinking of a greige for my husband's armoire.

    Whatever colour you pick, I'm sure it will be stunning. I hope you post the after.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. So...what colour did you choose for this armoire??

    ReplyDelete